- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation July 2010 – November 2013
· Served as counsel to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in Chicago and Washington DC.
· Reported to and advised the Assistant General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, and General Counsel of the FDIC on banking law and regulatory matters.
· Tried one of only four enforcement cases brought before the Administrative Law Judge by the FDIC during the most recent financial crisis.
· Participated in several special projects and attended policy meetings with the Chairman of the FDIC.
· Provided legislative analysis for the FDIC on congressional bills having impact on banking regulation.
· Advised FDIC bank examiners on numerous supervisory and compliance matters.
· Represented the FDIC receiver in numerous complex transactions including commercial credit modifications and workouts, bankruptcies, commercial litigation, and securities fraud.
· Attended numerous FDIC seminars and training sessions relating to banking law and regulation including the FDIC school for bank examiners.
· Reviewed numerous regulatory applications for approval recommendations.
· Conducted broad scope investigation and loan review of large complex credit programs including commercial, construction, development, and real estate loans.
· Extensive experience investigating banking activities for consumer compliance and protection law, bank management of third party risk, and violations of the Truth In Lending Act, Unfair and Deceptive Advertising, Fair Debt Collection Act and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
· Working knowledge of best practices for managing, storing and reviewing electronically stored information including extensive experience with document storage software.
Litigation Attorney, Chicago, Illinois 1983 – 2010
· Managing partner of a litigation firm responsible for all aspects of operations including business development, strategic and fiscal planning, marketing, client contact, human resources, and accounting.
· Successfully tried numerous cases to verdict as lead counsel and tried hundreds of cases at arbitration, mediation, and administrative hearings.
· Engaged in all aspects of pretrial procedure including discovery, motion practice, complex settlement negotiations, and dispute resolution.
· Conducted hundreds of depositions of a vast variety of witnesses including experts in medical and scientific professions.
· Advised and counseled corporate clients including banks, insurance companies, real estate developers, financial institutions, manufacturers and other business and not-for-profit institutions.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in condominium law having served as a director and president of Lake Point Tower Condominium Association, one of the largest residential condominium associations in the United States with 850 units and 1,500 residents.
· Represented a large commercial lender in collection, foreclosure and loan workouts.
· Served as closing attorney on a variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions.
The John Marshall Law School Chicago, IL
Juris Doctor 05/1983
Ramapo College of New Jersey Mahwah, NJ
Bachelor's Degree 08/1980
Major: Political Science, Minor: Education
National Institute of Trial Attorneys Banking Regulatory Investigations 09/2010
Life Cycle of a Bank Failure 10/2010
The Art and Science of Mediation Advocacy 03/2011
FDIC Lawsuits Against Failed Banks' Employees, Agents, Officers and Directors 05/2011
Federal Agencies E-Discovery Best Practices 12/2011
Enforcement Attorney Open Bank Training 04/2012
Administrative Law for Federal Banking Agencies 06/2012
CaseMap and Trial Director Software 03/2013
Negotiation Skills for Attorneys 05/2013
Bank Examination School 06/2013
Illinois 1983 – Retired
Arizona 1986 – Retired
Montana 2007 – Present
Martindale-Hubble AV rated since 1999
Montana Bar Association